Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ann Coulter’s America: 100% Al Qaeda free since 2001

If the title of this blog doesn't make sense to you that's because I'm rephrasing the piece of e-mail I received from Ann Coulter that didn't make sense to me. It was entitled "Bush's America: 100 Percent Al-Qaeda Free Since 2001," by Ann Coulter. I don't know why I received this because I’m not a radical right conservative, a general conservative, a moderate Republican, or even a Republican for that matter. However I was the unfortunate recipient of this e-mail which it had been captured and destroyed by my spam filter.

Does Ms. Coulter want us to believe that no single member of Al Qaeda has been in America since 2001? Surely, one Al Qaeda operative must've been able to sneak into the country through the thousands and thousands of miles of coastline and borders. Was she referring to the fact that there have been no more explosions caused by Al Qaeda since 2001? If so, she should have said so.

This was the same Ann Coulter that talked to Donny Deutsch about the perfection of Jews. The transcript with appropriate commentary as presented in a Fox news release is presented below.
In response to a question from Deutsch asking Coulter if "it would be better if we were all Christian," the controversial columnist responded: "Yes."

"We should all be Christian?" Deutsch repeated.

"Yes," Coulter responded, asking Deutsch, who is Jewish, if he would like to "come to church with me."

Deutsch, pressing Coulter further, asked, "We should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians?"

She responded: "Yeah."

Coulter deflected Deutsch's assertion that her comments were anti-Semitic, matter-of-factly telling the show's obviously upset host, "That is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews."

I'm Jewish and I was terribly offended by her ill considered, thoughtless, and thoroughly anti-Semitic remark. So were my Christian friends none of whom have ever said, or thought of themselves as "perfected Jews." When Ann Coulter sends me any information , I have to consider the source. I suggest you do the same. In this case the source to put it mildly, is very, very eccentric.

1 comment:

Acrimony said...

I know several Christians who think they are "perfected Jews". At least 3 or 4 times one of the people at Cub Scouts kept asking me if I wanted to go to church with them. My reply always is "No Thanks, I'm Jewish" and *every* time they'd reply "Me too. We're all Jewish. Jesus was a Jew."

*rolls eyes*